At Open Access College, students have the opportunity to voice and share information through student leaders and Student Voice Moodle (website).
Student Leaders meet once a week online with the Student Counsellors.
They have the opportunity to
- attend training and conferences about leadership
- get together face to face for planning days
- organise Student Acquaintance Days, the Tertiary Day and the Formal
- lead fundraising events
- manage and update the Student Voice Moodle
- participate and have an advisory role in the Awards Ceremony
- represent students on the OAC Governing Council
- write articles for the OAC newsletter and other publications where appropriate
- attend PR events on behalf of the school (eg Governors Reception)
- create and lead multimedia presentations about OAC student life.
If you are in years 8 – 12 and would like to register your interest as a Student Leader, please contact Client Services.
Student Voice Moodle
This site contains interesting current information including:
- Upcoming OAC face to face events
- The OAC Formal
- Videos, Photos and articles about past OAC events
- OAC clubs
- Opportunities in the community
- Career and Tertiary information
- Health and Wellbeing information
- Gap years and volunteering
- Opinion surveys
- Anything else that might interest students
To enrol in the Student Voice Moodle:
- Go to the Moodle home page
- Click on the Student Voice box (in between the Library and Help Desk boxes)
- enter enrolment key studentvoice
If you have anything interesting to add to the Student Voice Moodle such as an event in your community, please send your ideas to Client Services.