Who is this course for?
Students interested in the human impact on the environment, and investigating the world’s ability to feed its future population. Students will also look at legal issues and how individuals and groups can influence these issues. This subject applies the skills of Geography and Civics and Citizenship. These skills are useful for any year 11 Humanities subjects.
What will I do?
You will gain an understanding of the legal system to enable you to consider some big questions, such as:
- What are the challenges to food production?
- What are the threats of urbanization, mining and climate change?
- Can the world feed its future population?
- How does Australia’s court system work and how does it resolve disputes?
- How can people participate in decision making and what is the role of the community?
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed based on Australian Curriculum achievement standards and will consider a variety of assessment tasks which could include group work presentations, and assignments.
- skills of investigation into complex social issues
- communication skills
- skills to reflect and evaluate
- ability to problem solve