Travelling well* = name change from Save the Planet. Students who did Save the Planet in 2017 cannot do Travelling Well in 2018.
Who is this course for?
Students interested in investigating patterns of wealth and poverty in a range of different countries and students interested in tourism to exotic locations around the globe. This elective is a Geography unit.
What will I learn?
You will investigate our diverse and connected world, developing the skills of a global citizen and examine:
- How are places, people and cultures similar and different across the world?
- How can the patterns of rich countries and poor countries be measured and explained?
- How can we respond to inequalities in development for a sustainable future?
- How can tourism connect people?
- How can tourism have both positive and negative impacts?
- How can we be better tourists?
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on achievement standards and will consider:
- skills of investigation into complex social issues
- communication skills
- skills to reflect and evaluate
- ability to problem solve