Who is this course for?
Students interested in better understanding global connections, including through transport, ICT and trade. Students should also be interested in finances and the impact of money. This subject applies the skills of Geography and Business and Economics. These skills are useful for any year 11 Humanities subjects.
What will I do?
You will use a global virtual trek to visit some of the world’s hot spots to examine the following questions:
- How important are global connections, including through transport, ICT and trade?
- What is the effect of global trade on biodiversity?
- What are examples of global companies and what are some of their activities?
- What is the impact of the global growth of tourism?
- What will be the impact of future patterns of people’s choices about recreation, cultural and leisure choices?
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed based on Australian Curriculum achievement standards and will consider a variety of assessment tasks which could include group work presentations, and assignments.
- skills of investigation into complex social issues
- communication skills
- skills to reflect and evaluate
- ability to problem solve