Who is this course for?
This course is assumed knowledge for Stage 1 Mathematics Specialist and Mathematics Methods. It is an optional extension unit taken as one of the Year 10 curriculum choice units.
What will I do?
You will study topics that support understanding, fluency, problem solving and reasoning within the content strands:
- Number and Algebra -surds, fractional indices, logarithms, polynomials
- Measurement and Geometry - circle theorems, trigonometry
- Statistics and Probability - mean and standard deviation
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Australian Curriculum Year 10 through the following assessment types:
- Skills and Application Tasks
- Mathematical Investigation