Who is this course for?
This course covers the Australian Curriculum mathematical skills and knowledge in Number, Measurement and Geometry. The curriculum focuses on developing increasingly sophisticated and refined mathematical understanding, fluency, logical reasoning, analytical thought and problem-solving skills.
This subject can lead to any of the stage 1 courses. An optional extra semester of Mathematics called 10A is offered in Semester 2 to strengthen preparation for Stage 1 Mathematics, Specialist or Methods
What will I learn?
In the context of individualised learning based on diagnostic data collected using Maths Pathways resource I will
- choose modules that suit my learning needs in Mathematics.
- work at a rate that maximises my learning mastery.
- complete rich learning tasks that promote critical and creative thinking.
- develop my capacity to problem solve and apply my mathematical knowledge
- develop my ability to approach new challenges by investigation, modelling and reasoning
- develop my communication skills to describe the relationships observed in situations requiring mathematical reasoning.
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Coordinate Geometry
How will I be assessed?
Your skills, knowledge and understanding will be assessed in a variety of methods including:
- Mathematical Pathways Mastery testing
- Rich Learning Tasks
- Collaborative Work
Purchase a Graphics Calculator Casio fx-9860G AU plus is recommended. Open Access College has an online order process with Abacus for $195.