Who is this course for?
Students interested in using mathematical approaches and anticipate a career where mathematical reasoning and creative thinking are required. It covers the Australian Curriculum mathematical skills and knowledge in Algebra, Probability and Statistics. The curriculum focuses on developing increasingly sophisticated and refined mathematical understanding, fluency, logical reasoning, analytical thought and problem-solving skills. This subject can lead to any of the stage 1 courses. An optional extra semester of Mathematics called 10A is offered in Semester 2 to strengthen preparation for Stage 1 Mathematics; Specialist or Methods
What will I learn?
In the context of individualised learning based on diagnostic data collected using Maths Pathways resource I will
- choose modules that suit my learning needs in Mathematics.
- work at a rate that maximises my learning mastery.
- complete rich learning tasks that promote critical and creative thinking.
- develop my capacity to problem solve and apply my mathematical knowledge
- develop my ability to approach new challenges by investigation, modelling and reasoning
- develop my communication skills to describe the relationships observed in situations requiring mathematical reasoning.
- Probability and Statistics
How will I be assessed?
Your skills, knowledge and understanding will be assessed in a variety of methods including
- Mathematical Pathways Mastery testing
- Rich Learning Tasks
- Collaborative Work