Who is this course for?
Students wishing to complete Research Project in Year 11 must complete Research Practices. It leads directly to Stage 2 Research Project which students begin mid-term 2. This subject will introduce students to research processes and assist them to develop research skills in preparation for completing Research Project.
What will I learn?
- examine the purpose of research
- explore a range of research processes and instruments
- develop your investigative and inquiry skills
- Exploring Research Approaches – this will involve exploring the purpose of research in various contexts and developing an understanding of the role of research in our lives.
- Exploring Research Skills – you will learn about and develop specific research skills in the different phases of research. There will be a particular focus on planning, development and synthesis.
How will I be assessed?
The following assessment types enable you to demonstrate your learning in Stage 1 Research Practices:
- Assessment Type 1: Folio
- Assessment Type 2: Sources Analysis
Last updated: 27 July 2021