|Learning Area||Humanities and Social Sciences|
This course is for students who are interested in how we manage money and resources as a society, as well as Australia's place in global trade and the world economy.
You will learn about the systems we use to allocate resources in society, and how these resources are produced. You will learn about investment, banking and asset valuation also.
· What is ‘the economic problem’?
· What are the primary inputs to production?
· Why do countries choose to trade rather than produce resources themselves?
· What are Australia’s major import and export products?
· How do we calculate an individual’s net worth?
Assessment will be based on achievement standards and will consider:
· your knowledge of the content
· your ability to explain concepts and express opinions
· your analytical and numeracy skills
· your ability to apply knowledge and skills to reach an understanding of a problem
Last updated: 15 September 2021