The aim for all students studying at Open Access College (OAC) is to have a positive and successful learning experience in flexible and online education. To support this aim it is important that all students and parents/caregivers are clear about, and meet the expectations of, enrolment at OAC.
- Ensure access to a phone, computer and the Internet.
- Ensure the college has up to date contact details (phone, email, address).
- If a test supervisor is required, ensure all details are provided and kept up-to-date.
- Check emails daily.
- Attend and participate positively in all lessons.
- Inform the college of any absence prior to the lesson.
- Provide the teacher with an explanation for any absence.
- Provided a medical certificate for absences of more than a week.
- Find out what work was missed after an absence.
- Complete diagnostic testing (in Mathematics and Reading) for all Year 1 to 10 students.
Complete all learning and assessment tasks.
- Present all required work on time.
- Ensure that all work presented is their own.
- Negotiate any required extensions for work prior to the due date.
- Catch up on any negotiated work after an absence.
Return of Materials
- Promptly return all returnable materials at the end of the unit/subject.
Students will be expected to agree to these expectations on enrolment, and will have their enrolment reviewed if the expectations are not met.
Last updated: 25 June 2019