2019 Awards Ceremony
Posted on October 15, 2019
Thanks for joining us
Thank you to everyone who attended to celebrate the achievements of our students. It was a fantastic day, and congratulations to all our award winners!
Photos are now available for purchase!
The online gallery is now open: Awards Ceremony Gallery.
You will need the password that was in the printed Awards Ceremony program - if you didn't keep your program, please email us at [email protected], give us your name and we will provide the password.
Thursday 5 December at 12.30pm
Our Awards Ceremony is our biggest face to face event of the school year. At the Ceremony, we celebrate the exceptional achievements of our year 7-12 and VET students, and farewell our graduating year 12s. Awards will be given for outstanding academic and personal achievement.
As well as celebrating the achievements of our students, we will be listening to guest speakers and seeing some talented students perform. We'll end the ceremony with an afternoon tea at the venue. It will be a great day!
RSVPs are now closed.
Where & when
Norwood Concert Hall
175 The Parade, Norwood
Thursday 5 December 2019
12.30pm for 1pm start
Concluding with an afternoon tea from around 2.45pm
Seats are not reserved except for speakers and performers, so you are free to sit where you like.
About the awards
The exact nature of most awards will not be revealed until the day. The awards presented will include:
- Academic Achievement Awards - for academic achievement in year 7-12 and VET subjects.
- Personal Achievement Awards - awarded for year 7-12 and VET subjects. Students have displayed effort, or a commitment to development in that subject.
- Special Awards - including Premier's Reading Challenge, and Premiers Be Active awards
- Major Awards - including Outstanding Year Level Awards years 10-12, the Caltex Best All Rounder Award, Long Tan Award, and ATSI Award
- Graduation Certificates - in recognition of year 12 studies toward the South Australian Certificate of Education
The Ceremony and afternoon tea will be held in the main hall at Norwood Concert Hall, upstairs at 175 The Parade, Norwood.
Enter via George Street and take the lift or stairs to the first floor.
There are various parking options in the area, including:
- The Parade Central Car Park (cinema carpark). Fees are payable, however parking is free if you have a docket validated by a participating trader in the Parade Central shops.
- Webbe Street Car Park. Time limit is only 2 hours on the ground floor, however some unrestricted spaces are available on second level.
- Norwood Place carpark. First 2 hours are free for shoppers at Norwood Place.
For a map of all major car parks in the area, please visit The Parade Norwood website.
Photography and Media Consent
Our photographer will be taking photos at the ceremony. All students attending must complete a media consent form (Pdf-132Kb). You can bring this form on the day, or fill one in when you arrive.
If you do not wish to have photos taken of you, you will be asked to wear a small "no photos" badge when you check in. Our photographer will then be able to identify you.
After 13 December, we will open the online gallery where you will be able to purchase digital downloads of the photographs taken on the day. The password to access this gallery will be provided at the ceremony.
Neat casual attire. Open Access College students are both home-based and school-based. Most school-based students prefer not to wear their school uniform, however it is your choice.
A special thank you to Jay Hack for providing the artwork used in this year's Awards Ceremony design.
A huge thank you to our major sponsor, Roofing Constructions for their generous donation this year!
Thank you to Pegi Williams Book Shop, Sonic Technology, Time Supply & Eckersley's for donating prizes for this year's ceremony!