Check the following criteria to confirm eligibility
College based students
- should not be enrolled at another school
- should attend the enrolment interview in person (may negotiate an alternative in extenuating circumstances)
Geographically remote students
The distance from home to the nearest school or transport route should be:
- Reception - Yr 2: more than 1½ km
- Yr 3 and Yr 4: more than 3 km
- Yr 5 and above: more than 5 km
Unable to attend their local school due to:
a resident travelling within Australia or overseas for one term or longer - travel documentation, proof of identity and residency required.
- Family commitments
eg young mothers, carers.
- Work commitments
work commitments documentation required.
- Specialised vocational study
eg elite sportsmen and women - Government accredited vocational institution documentation required
- Home schooling
DECD approved home schoolers may enrol:
R-9 - Language or music programme only
Year 10 - PLP only or a full Year 10 load in preparation for SACE studies
Years 11 & 12 - all senior secondary subjects
- Adult students
21 and over yet to complete their SACE - require to commit to a SACE Pathways Plan
School based students
School based students must ask the school to contact Client Sevices.
- subjects not available at the school
- schools must counsel the students then complete and submit the Curriculum Choice Form.
- medical condition prevents attendance at their face-to-face school
- supported with a Medical Assessment Plan and Health Support Plan from the student’s school
- approval is made on a short-term basis and medical plans reviewed regularly
- Student’s Home School to contact Client Services to negotiate with the relevant Student Wellbeing Leader
Negotiated Exclusion/Alternative placement
- managed through an Interagency Referral