- should not be enrolled at another school
- should attend the enrolment interview in person (may negotiate an alternative in extenuating circumstances)
Geographically remote students
The distance from home to the nearest school or transport route should be:
- Reception - Yr 2: more than 1½ km
- Yr 3 and Yr 4: more than 3 km
- Yr 5 and above: more than 5 km
Unable to attend their local school due to:
a resident travelling within Australia or overseas for one term or longer - travel documentation, proof of identity and residency required.
- Family commitments
eg young mothers, carers.
- Work commitments
work commitments documentation required.
- Specialised vocational study
eg elite sportsmen and women - Government accredited vocational institution documentation required
- Home schooling
Department for Education approved home schoolers may enrol:
- R-10 - Language programme only
- 7-10 - Music programme only
- Year 10 - PLP only or a full Year 10 load in preparation for SACE studies
- Years 11 & 12 - all senior secondary subjects
- Adult students
21 and over yet to complete their SACE - require to commit to a SACE Pathways Plan