Design and Technologies: Mechatronics
Who is this course for?
Students who want to explore the fundamentals of electronics, coding and robotics through the use of Arduino Micro-controllers.
What will I learn?
Across the semester you will study a variety of topics and develop a broad range of technical skills including:
- The fundamentals of C++ programming language using Arduino Micro-Controllers
- How to connect and program a variety of automated devices
- The fundamentals of electrical theory to safely connect and manage low voltage devices
- Basic introduction to technologies that assist project design and construction including Circuit Simulation, CAD & 3D Printing
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on the Australian Curriculum, Design & Technologies Achievement Standard.
Students will be assessed through:
- Practical tutorials: constructing and programming automated circuits
- Ongoing documentation of learning
- An investigation into electrical components
- A folio evidencing the design development of an electomechanical device
- Creation of your own electro-mechanical device
Last updated: 02 August 2021