Online anxiety treatment programs at Open Access College
Posted on February 11, 2019
Are your fears and worries stopping you from:
- Doing what you want to do?
- Disrupting your sleeping/eating patterns?
- Making or keeping friends?
- Doing work (school or paid work)?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you might benefit from an anxiety treatment program. OAC are offering students a chance to opt in to an online treatment program tailored to suit their needs.
These programs aim to teach young people and their parent/carers how to better manage anxiety, by teaching clear and practical skills. Topics covered by the program include:
- How unhelpful thoughts make us anxious
- Thought challenging and thinking realistically
- Assertiveness and problem-solving
- Fighting fear by gradually facing fear
Courses are supported/facilitated by an accredited psychologist, and will include an initial assessment to look at what course you need.
13-18 year olds and their parents/carers
Commences term 2, 2019, weekly online sessions (various times)
More info or to register:
Contact Lisa Hannaford, OAC Psychologist:
Phone 08 8309 3671
Registration is subject to suitability
- Online Anxiety Treatment Flyer (pdf) 535KB