2022 Awards Ceremony
Posted on October 15, 2022
Thank you to all that attended!
If you had a photo with the photographer it has now been emailed to your @schools.sa.edu.au account.
Below you will find some highlights from the day.
Watch Rachael Leahcar's Keynote Speech
Watch Esther's beautiful performance of Valentines Day
Watch Caity's amazing performance of Hallelujah
Watch our student leaders speech by Patrick and Lachy
Watch Annabel's beautiful performance of L'Hirondelle
Our Awards Ceremony is our biggest face to face event of the school year. At the Ceremony, we celebrate the exceptional achievements of our year 7-12 students, and farewell our graduating year 12s. Awards will be given for outstanding academic and personal achievement.
As well as celebrating the achievements of our students, we will be listening to guest speakers and seeing some talented students perform. We'll end the ceremony with an afternoon tea at the venue. It will be a great day!
Where & when
Norwood Concert Hall
175 The Parade, Norwood
Thursday 8 December 2022
12.30pm for 1pm start
Concluding with an afternoon tea from around 3.30pm
Seats are not reserved except for speakers and performers, so you are free to sit where you like.
About the awards
The exact nature of most awards will not be revealed until the day. The awards presented will include:
- Academic Achievement Awards - for academic achievement in year 7-12 and VET subjects.
- Personal Achievement Awards - awarded for year 7-12 and VET subjects. Students have displayed effort, or a commitment to development in that subject.
- Special Awards - including Premier's Reading Challenge, and the Muriel Matters Award.
- Major Awards - including Outstanding Year Level Awards years 10-12, the Ampol Best All Rounder Award, Long Tan Award, and ATSI Award
- Graduation Certificates - in recognition of year 12 studies toward the South Australian Certificate of Education
The Ceremony and afternoon tea will be held in the main hall at Norwood Concert Hall, upstairs at 175 The Parade, Norwood.
Enter via George Street and take the lift or stairs to the first floor.
There are various parking options in the area, including:
- The Parade Central Car Park (cinema carpark). Regular spaces: 300. Accessible spaces: 6.
Fees apply but parking is free if you shop at The Parade Central and have your docket validated by a participating trader. (Fees may be subject to change at the discretion of the owners.)
- Webbe Street Car Park. Regular spaces 80. Accessible spaces 7. Time limit is only 2 hours on the ground floor, however some unrestricted spaces are available on second level.
- Norwood Place carpark. Regular spaces: 352 Accessible spaces: 4. For all Norwood Place shoppers the first two hours are free.
For a map of all major car parks in the area, please visit The Parade Norwood website.
Our photographer will be taking photos of the award winners at the ceremony. You will be able to receive a copy of your photo after December 13 by contacting Geoff.Williams405@schools.sa.edu.au.
Neat casual attire. Open Access College students are both home-based and school-based. Most school-based students prefer not to wear their school uniform, however it is your choice.
Our Sponsors For The Awards Ceremony
We are so grateful to our sponsors Workspace, Corporate Platters, Eckersley's, and Premier Art Supplies for generously donating prizes for this years event.
Please click the company logo's below to visit their websites.