Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from OAC and the Department for Education
Posted on March 16, 2020
For the latest information about COVID-19 from the Department for Education, please visit education.sa.gov.au
24 April 2020
As you have no doubt heard through the media, our SA government and the CE for the Department for Education, are encouraging parents to send their children back to school from next week. At the links below (in the Documents & Downloads section of this page) you will find a letter and infographic from South Australia’s Chief Public Health Officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier, who has taken the time to write to parents to provide clear information to help you make an informed decision.
In our own online context lessons have and will continue to be conducted as normal. In the latter part of term 1 we only experienced a minor decline in attendance. I urge you to actively encourage your child/ren to actively engage in their OAC online lessons. If you or your child is experiencing any difficulty or have any questions, please contact your child’s Student Wellbeing Leader or email me directly.
7 April 2020
Please refer to the letter from our Minister for Education and the DfE Chief Executive dated 7 April 2020 (Documents & Downloads area at the bottom of this page).
Some of aspects of this letter are not directly relevant to the teaching and learning provided to your child/student through OAC.
We will continue to provide our usual learning programs through our online platforms when term 2 commences on the 27th April.
If you or your child have questions or concerns, please contact our Student Wellbeing Team or your child’s teacher directly.
26 March 2020
Please refer to the letter (Documents & Downloads area of this page) from the Minister of Education, Hon John Gardner MP regarding 4 pupil free days from 6th-9th April.
19 March 2020
Please see the Letter to Parents from Rick Persse, Chief Executive, and Hon John Gardner MP, Minister for Education in the Documents & Downloads section at the bottom of this page.
16 March 2020
From the Department for Education
For the safety of the wider public and the children, students and staff in our sites we will be adopting the following measures to support the containment of COVID-19.
These measures build on our previous protocols and are based on the advice of SA Health and Commonwealth agencies.
The advice will continue to be updated as the situation develops.
Current advice on self-isolation and staying at home
In-line with Commonwealth advice, the current advice from the South Australian Department for Education for parents, students and staff is:
- Any student or staff member who is entering Australia from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days on arrival.
- Close contacts of a confirmed case of COVID-19 must self-isolate for 14 days since last contact with the confirmed case.
- All returned travellers who develop symptoms (especially fever and cough) within 14 days of returning from anywhere overseas should seek testing for COVID-19, and self-isolate while awaiting test results.
- Any confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded from school/childcare/the workplace until they are medically cleared to return.
Consistent with current guidelines, all children, students and staff who are unwell with respiratory illness should remain at home until symptoms resolve.
Visit the SA Health website for more information on home isolation.
Please visit the Department for Education website for more information.
- SA Health COVID infographic (pdf) 160KB
- Parent Letter - Nicola Spurrier - 22 April 2020 (pdf) 287KB
- Parent Letter 7 April 2020 (pdf) 351KB
- Parent Letter 26 March 2020 (pdf) 274KB
- Parent letter 18 March 2020 (pdf) 347KB