At Open Access College we design the curriculum for our diverse group of students. Our goal is to build in every learner the knowledge, skills and dispositions for purposeful, productive and resilient lives. From Reception to Year 12, we increase the complexity, the choice and the independence of learners through our innovative curriculum and teaching.
Our aim is for our students to develop as powerful learners who:
- understand how they learn and how to become better learners
- are confident and resilient
- are independent learners
- make connections between learning and life
- make a difference by influencing and participating in local and global communities
- transfer learning in meaningful and effective ways
The Australian Curriculum (AC), the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) certificates form the basis of our curriculum.
Curriculum includes the development of general capabilities encompassing core life skills of critical and creative thinking, literacy, numeracy and information and communication technologies.
There are eight learning areas: The Arts; English; Health and Physical Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Languages; Technology; Mathematics; and Science.