|Semester||Semester 1 or 2|
|Pre requisite||none required|
|SACE Credits||10 credits|
Who is this course for?
Students who are interested in understanding their own behaviours and the behaviours of others. Psychological knowledge can be applied to improve outcomes and the quality of experience in various areas of life.
No background knowledge is assumed.
What will I learn
- use the scientific method to investigate psychological concepts through the collection and analysis of data and report research using appropriate conventions and formats.
- learn how to be a critical consumer of information.
- learn how to identify psychological processes at work in everyday experiences.
- apply knowledge to real-world situations.
- investigate psychological issues.
- aspire to be an effective communicator.
Introduction to Psychology
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through the following assessment types.
- Skills and Application Tasks e.g. tests and assignments
- Folio - Group Investigation Report
Travel and any associated costs to attend any recommended workshops are the responsibility of the student.
Last updated: 28 June 2019