Geography: Travelling Well
|Learning Area||Humanities and Social Sciences|
Who is this course for?
Students interested in
- different countries
- wealth and poverty in different countries around the world
- exploring the world as a tourist
What will I learn
You will investigate our diverse and connected world, developing the skills of a global citizen and examine:
- How are places, people and cultures similar and different across the world?
- How can the patterns of rich countries and poor countries be measured and explained?
- How can we respond to inequalities in development for a sustainable future?
- How can tourism connect people?
- How can tourism have both positive and negative impacts?
- How can we be better tourists?
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on achievement standards and will consider:
- skills of investigation into complex geographical issues
- communication skills
- skills to reflect and evaluate
- ability to problem solve
Last updated: 01 July 2019