Health and Wellbeing A
|SACE Code||1HEW10 A|
Who is this course for?
Students will focus on understanding the different influences on an individual's health and what they can do to enhance their own health and wellbeing.
No background knowledge is assumed.
What will I learn?
The concepts are:
- Different components and measures of health and wellbeing
- Expressing how students feel about certain issues
- Analysing research findings
- Developing an understanding of what factors influence an individuals health
- Investigating health at an individual, local and global level
- The relationship between wellbeing and health
- Develop an understanding of fairness and equality in society.
- Marginalised and disadvantaged communites and health
- What is Health Promotion?
- The role of Health Promotion in improving health outcomes
- Evaluation of current Health Promoting initiatives
- Personal actions to improve health outcomes
This subject is a useful background for studying social issues and it is also useful to complete this course if you are interested in studying for Stage 2 Health Education.
- Defining Health
- Influences on Health
- Wellbeing and Emotions
- Contemporary Health Issues in Australia
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning through the following assessment types:
- Practical Action
- Issues Response
Last updated: 04 August 2022