Information Processing and Publishing (Digital Business Publications)
|Additional Costs||No cost. Students will be provided with software.|
Who is this course for?
Students who are interested in developing broad industry-level skills in the digital creation of Business Documentation & Advertising Publications. This course suits students seeking to enhance their employability across multiple industries or who are looking to pursue their own business in the future.
What will I learn?
The course focuses on two areas of study:
- Desktop Publishing
- Business Documents
- Use appropriate hardware and software to complete text & graphic based documents such as posters, leaflets, brochures and advertising material
- Develop Word Processing skills through text-based or electronic documents such as emails, letters, reports, tables, forms, financial statements, newsletters and itineraries
- Develop solutions to design briefs, following principles of design and page layout (the use of fonts, text enhancement, graphics, white space, and colour)
- Critically evaluate the development process used in the creation of text-based documents
A variety of software packages from the Adobe, Google and Microsoft suites will be used throughout the course.
How will I be assessed?
Internal Assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Practical Skills (40%)
- Assessment Type 2: Issues Analysis (30%)
External Assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Product and Documentation (30%)
No cost. Students will be provided with software.
Last updated: 02 August 2021