|Semester||Semester 1 or 2|
|SACE Credits||10 credits|
Who is this course for?
Students who are interested in understanding human behaviour. Advancing the wellbeing of individuals and society. Developing inquiry and critical thinking skills.
No background knowledge is assumed.
What will I learn?
- develop and apply knowledge and understanding of psychological concepts in new and familiar contexts
- apply science inquiry skills to deconstruct a problem and design and conduct psychological investigations, using appropriate procedures and safe, ethical working practices
- obtain, record, represent, analyse, and interpret the results of psychological investigations
- evaluate ethical practices, procedures, and results, and analyse evidence to formulate and justify conclusions
- explore and understand science as a human endeavour
- communicate knowledge and understanding of psychological concepts, using appropriate terms, conventions, and representations.
- Psychological Wellbeing
- Cognitive Psychology
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through the following assessment types:
- Investigations Folio
- Skills and Applications Tasks
- Science as a human endeavour (30%)
- Psychological Investigation (40%)
- Skills and Applications Task/s (30%)
Travel and any associated costs to attend any recommended workshops are the responsibility of the student.
Last updated: 29 July 2021