Mathematics Essential A
|Pre requisite||none required|
Who is this course for?
Students seeking to meet the SACE numeracy requirement and students planning to pursue a career in a range of trades or vocational pathways.
What will I learn
You will study topics that support you to:
- understand the concepts and techniques in calculations, data in context, earning and spending
- apply reasoning skills and solve practical problems in calculations, data in context, earning and spending
- communicate your arguments and strategies when solving problems using appropriate mathematical language
- interpret mathematical information and ascertain the reasonableness of your solutions to problems
- Calculations, Time and Ratio
- Earning and Spending
- Data in Context
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through four assessments.
- 3 Skills and Applications Tasks (SATS) including one timed assessment
- 1 Folio task
Last updated: 29 July 2019