Geography: Think Global, Act Local
|Learning Area||Humanities and Social Sciences|
Who is this course for?
This course if for students who
- are curious about the world we live in and
- are prepared to consider improved ways of interacting with our environment
What will I learn
You will use your curiosity to consider:
- where do our 'things' come from?
- could we get them from a more local source?
- what is the impact on different countries?
- can we reduce our waste?
- a local issue using geographic fieldwork techniques.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on achievement standards and will consider:
- your skills of investigation into complex geographical issues
- your communication skills
- your skills to reflect and evaluate
- your ability to problem solve
Last updated: 01 July 2019