Design & Technology: Food & Fashion
|Additional Costs||Cost of ingredients|
Who is this course for?
Students who are interested in learning about the skills, equipment, materials/ingredients involved in Food & Fashion industries.
What will I learn?
Students will learn:
- Food Hygiene & Safety
- Cooking Equipment & Processes
- Basic nutritional values of foods
- Stir-Fry Recipe Design
- How to plan, prepare and cook various meals
- Explore the world of textiles
- Investigate the sustainability of textile industries
- Create a minimum of 3 Fabric products
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on the Australian Curriculum, Design & Technologies Achievement Standard.
Students will be assessed through:
- Completion of weekly practical tasks along with evaluations
- Written or video reports & investigations into ingredients, materials and processes
- The use of folios to document the design process
- Construction of major food and fashion products
Last updated: 02 August 2021