Who is this course for?
Students who want an understanding of the economy and the world around us. Economics provides a useful background for study in business-related fields such as commerce and finance and for those seeking employment in a business environment.
What will I learn?
- gain an understanding of how an economy operates, the structure of economic systems, and the way in which economic systems function
- define, research, analyse, evaluate, and apply economic models that are expressed in graphical and/or diagrammatic form
- make forecasts about economic change and evaluate issues for individuals and groups in local, national, and global settings
- learn how some of these issues affect you lives and how you can use the knowledge and skills of economics to inform your participation in society.
- Thinking like an economist
How will I be assessed?
School Assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Skills and Applications Tasks (30%)
- Assessment Type 2: Folio (40%)
External Assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Examination (30%).extended response questions and an essay.)
Last updated: 29 July 2021