Students seeking to meet the SACE numeracy requirement and students looking to continue mathematics after completing Mathematics Essential A.
You will study topics that support you to:
● understand the concepts and techniques in investing, geometry and measurement
● apply reasoning skills and solve practical problems in investing, geometry and measurement
● communicate your arguments and strategies when solving problems using appropriate mathematical language
● interpret mathematical information and ascertain the rationale of your solutions to problems
To be negotiated with students at the beginning of the semester.
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through four assessments.
● 3 Skills and Applications Tasks (SATS) including one timed assessment
● 1 Folio task
Last updated: 26 July 2021