Mathematics Methods B
|SACE Code||1MAM10 B|
|Pre-requisite||Mathematical Methods A assumed|
|Additional Costs||Purchase of Graphics Calculator|
Who is this course for?
This course leads into Stage 2 Mathematical Methods and Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics.
Specialist Mathematics is designed to be studied in conjunction with Mathematical Methods.
Students who complete this course with a C grade or better gain the compulsory 10 point Numeracy component of the SACE.
What will I learn?
You will study topics that support your:
- capacity to problem solve and apply your mathematical knowledge
- ability on how to approach new challenges by investigation, modelling and reasoning
- communication skills to describe the relationships observed in situations requiring mathematical reasoning
- Counting and Statistics
- Growth and Decay
- Introduction to Differential Calculus
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through four assessments:
- at least two Skills and Applications Tasks (SATS)
- at least one Mathematical investigation
Mathematical Methods A assumed
It is recommended that students have their own Graphics Calculator Casio fx-9860G AU, or the later fxCG20 or fxCG50 models.
Last updated: 02 July 2019