Design & Technology: Design & Construct Machines
Who is this course for?
Students who want to design and construct mechanical and digital products while exploring engineering principles.
What will I learn?
- Design & construct structures, mechanisms and prototypes from the course materials supplied in the post and available at home
- Experiment with engineering principles of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and mechanics
- Explore electrical circuits and simulation
- Practice Computer Aided Design and 3D printing basics
- Design and produce a major product
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on the Australian Curriculum achievement standard for Design & Technologies.
Students will be assessed through:
- Weekly skills tasks
- A folio documenting the design process for a major product
- Construction of a major product
Last updated: 02 August 2021