Design & Technology: Things that Move - Mechanisms
Who is this course for?
Students who want to explore, construct and learn the basics of engineered structures and mechanisms.
What will I learn
Exploring the fundamentals of engineering structures and the basics of engineered mechanisms, you will:
- investigate the essentials of structures through research and testing.
- investigate the basic engineering principles of mechanisms through experimentation and prototyping
- make and test structures and mechanic models, and prototypes
- investigate the properties and suitability of structural materials
- design and produce a final product
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on achievement standards and will consider:
- evidence of completing the steps of the design process
- understanding issues related to sound engineering practice
- final product
Last updated: 23 September 2019