Design and Technologies: Fashion Design
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for students with an interest in the fashion industry and the world of fashion design.
What will I learn?
- How to design and construct fashion products with a focus on branding and marketing
- Upcycling a second hand garment
- Explore alternative materials for creating fashion based products
- An overview of the fashion industry
- Fashion trends and how these evolve
- Characteristics of fashion app technology
- Storyboarding and layouts for fashion apps
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be based on the Australian Curriculum, Design & Technology Achievement Standard.
Students will be assessed through:
- An analysis of fashion materials and processes
- An investigation of a particular career pathway within the fashion industry
- A folio that demonstrates the design development of a fashion product
- Construction of fashion products
Last updated: 02 August 2021